As-salamo Alycum Brothers and Sisters,
Based on the moon sighting confirmation consistent with Global Moon Sighting Criteria this is to confirm that first day of Ramadan 1442 is tomorrow Tuesday, April 13, 2021. Salat-Al-Taraweeh prayer will start today the April 12th at 9:45PM (Isha/Salat-Al-Taraweeh).
InshaAllah we will be performing Salat-Al-Taraweeh in Ramadan as we do every year. Please follow these rules just like we do it for Jummah prayers:
1. It will be on a first come first serve basis. Once Masjid is full on capacity with social distancing no more people will be allowed to enter. And Masjid will be locked from outside with a sign displayed as Masjid full. If you see this sign, then return and pray at home.
2. A signing register will be available at the entrance. Everyone entering the Masjid must sign in their Name, Phone number, Date and Time. This is mandatory.
3. All other rules set for pandemic compliance must be followed like wearing masks, bringing their own prayer mat, making Wadu at home, bringing a bag for shoes, exit from the back door etc.
4. Women will be allowed to come to the Masjid for daily prayers and Inshallah for Salat-Al-Taraweeh in Ramadan. But remember we can only have 7 women at a time with the social distancing in the women’s area therefore we advise that if you can pray at home then pray at home.
5. We also advise not to bring young children (younger than 12 years) as it's hard to control them while you are praying and they can touch a lot of surfaces increasing chances of spreading virus.
6. Just like to remind everyone that anyone who offers prayers at home due to these reasons (Pandemic), even though they desire to be in the masjid, will be rewarded by Allah Almighty as if they have prayed in congregation.
May Allah make this Ramadan a Blessing for all of us and make it an opportunity to get closer to Allah Almighty, Aameen.
Make A Difference....
Fajr : 15 min After Adhan
Dohar : 2:00 pm
Asr : 10 min after Adhan
Maghrib : 5 min after Adhan
Isha : 9:45 pm
Jummah (Friday) :1st: 1:30 PM, 2nd: 2:00 PM, 3rd : 2:30 PM.
One Step at a Time
Due to Coronavirus Pandemic all in person activities has been suspended.
Once the pandemic is over we will post information here for all activities.
Sunday Islamic School for kids:
There are few privately run Weekend Islamic Schools but all of those are closed at the moment due to pandemic. We will post information here once they reopen.
Helping The Community
Moncton Muslim Association is dedicated to stepping up our efforts in engaging community. Volunteer Opportunities is by no means an easy feat, but through cooperation and community empowerment we believe we can facilitate progress in this area. If you like to get evolved and be a volunteer to help grow this community, please email us at with your name and area of interest. We will contact you with further details.